Friday, October 22, 2021

333 update - one year later (Oct 2021)

In October 2020 I started my "333" project. The project involves wearing just 33 items for 3 months, with the goal of reducing decision fatigue about what to wear.

Season 4: July-September

I found this very freeing. When clothing no longer sparked joy, I passed it along to someone else - knowing that opened up a spot for something else. I didn't buy anything to replace it, I just knew that I wouldn't miss it.

I found that two pairs of dress pants and five or six dress shirts were plenty for work. 

I wore my favourite t-shirts, not worried about saving them for fear of them wearing out. If they wore out, which they didn't, I would have room for a different favourite shirt to enter the rotation.

I have to make some decisions about jewellery. I have far more than I could even put into rotation and I don't really care about wearing it.

I did miss having more variety of footwear so I should consider where I can let go of an item to add another pair of shoes.

This was a great exercise and one I plan to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment