The year in review…
- In February K received a promotion at the library from the position of “Page” to “Circulation Clerk.”
- In March we took a quick trip to Buffalo for DS1’s immigration hearing to become a U.S. citizen. The hardest part turned out to be proving that J had actually lived in the U.S. since he was home-schooled so didn’t have any school attendance records!
- March also saw K’s grandparents move closer – allowing for much for frequent visits, which we are very happy about.
- In April we celebrated Easter/Passover with J’s family in New Jersey.
- In June we were able to spend over 2 weeks in Brazil, visiting the places where K grew up as well as tourist sights.
- In July we billeted two international students – one from France and one from Mexico.
- In August we vacationed with J’s family once again at World’s End state park in PA. G especially enjoyed playing in the creek and trying “smores” by the campfire.
- In September we celebrated K’s grandparents’ 60th anniversary with a river cruise in the Caledonia area.
- At the end of September we welcomed a new nephew – son of K’s sister, C, and her husband, R.
- October marked the celebration of C’s 30th birthday with a party.
- DS2 was born on November 9th at 2:25am at home – as planned but more quickly than planned! J delivered the baby in the bathroom and the paramedics and midwife arrived shortly after.
- This year we will be spending Christmas with K’s family.
- J continues to work at H.D. in the Lumber & Building Materials Dept.
- K has applied to the Faculty of Information Sciences to complete a Masters of Information Sciences. By studying part time over 4 years she would be able to become a librarian. We hope to hear back as to an acceptance later in the new year.
Wishing you a very merry Christmas and happy new year.