Now that I'm working 16 hrs/wk outside the home it's pretty tiring! Plus we moved DS1 to his own bed 2 weeks ago (vs co-sleeping with us) and cut the night nursing so it has been a wee bit brutal to say the least. The reasons are that it seemed like the right time, and because we're planning on "working on" #2 in the near future. I don't want to be preggo and have DS1 in bed & night-nursing. And I don't want him to feel kicked out because of the baby. So we're doing it ahead of time.
Ok, so in November I skimmed through a number of books, including the following:
- The Vagina Monologues - this wasn't as good as I had expected it to be.
- Mompreneurs (Patricia Cobe & Ellen H. Parlapiano)
- Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons (Tracey McBride)
Stuff to explore further from Frugal Luxuries by the Seasons:
- Recipe for Irish Scones (p.10)
- How to Use An Egg Cup (p.44)
- Books to read: How to Avoid Housework (Paula Jhung), Confessions of a Happily Organized Family (Deniece Schofield), More Hours in My Day (Emilie Barnes)
- Gracious Tokens (p. 73) ... pretty teacups with saucers, or coffee mugs, in which you place tea or coffee, sugar packets, flavoured creamer, candies, an attractive silver-plated teaspoon, and a personal message written on a small piece of paper rolled into a scroll and tucked inside.
- Cookie Tins - use for CDs, books, gift certificates, freshly baked cookies, candies.
- Recipe for Papa's Tomato Sauce for Manicotti & Cheese Filling (p. 91)
- Recipe for Leisurely Garlic-and-Rosemary Roast Beef (p. 152)
- Recipe for Aunt Jean's Lake Ahmeek Stew (p. 157)
- Rosh Hashanah ... a time of meditation, commentary on the passage of time, prayer, penitence, and high resolution.
- Recipe for Challah (p. 162)
- Recipe for Arroz con Turkey (p. 171)
- Air & Drawer Freshener (p. 180)
- Recipe for Croissant Poulet (p. 194)
- Recipe for Angel's Bread (p. 199)
- Hanukkah (Feast of the Dedication) ... tale of faith triumphing over adversity, and of light, renewal, and freedom.
- Twelfth Day (Epiphany)/Feast of the Three Magi/Little Christmas
- Recipe for Chocolate Stirrer Spoons (p.251)