Friday, January 1, 2021

Word for 2021: Kindness

My word for 2021 is Kindness

kind·ness

/ˈkīn(d)nəs/


noun

  1. the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.


It's a challenge to use kind words or a kind tone, especially at home.

This year I want to be intentional in this area.

The Bible is full of not only verses with the word "kind" or "kindness" in it, but also so many examples of God's kindness to us.

The verse I'm going to take my word from is Proverbs 31:26 (ESV): She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

My word for 2020 was Joy. Knowing what we know about 2020 now... that was a difficult word to hold on to. Covid-19 shook our collective world and turned our plans upside down.

The verse I had chosen with this word was: Romans 12:12 (NIV): Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

It turned out there was a lot more being "patient in affliction" than I had anticipated!

Who can know what 2021 holds for us. Whatever that may be, I want those I come into contact with this year to experience kindness through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment