Sunday, September 2, 2018

Week 3 of 52

August 26-September 1, 2018

Sunday afternoon I paid a visit to my grandparents' and my brother-in-laws graves and left some flowers from my garden.


At night I attended my monthly meeting with the union executive plus one non-executive member who form our Labour Management team. We meet monthly to prepare for our upcoming meeting with Management. We discuss issues such as violations of the Collective Agreement, Grievances needing to be filed or escalated, adherence to the Employment Standards Act, Health and Safety, workplace concerns, and more. Through this process we represent our members to Management and ensure that they are able to enjoy the benefits of being members of a union.

DS1 had two ABA video sessions this week. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday he had his final 3 two hour Executive Functioning sessions. Unfortunately the agency has changed their hours and we won't be able to attend during the school year. 

DH and I spent almost 2 hours at DS1's high school meeting with the special education teacher to do our best to give him a strong start at school. That was followed by a 45 walk-through of the school with DS1 so that he can find his way from class to class. The school is being renovated and I don't know how they're going to pull off having it set up for next week! I feel good about high school for him but am also anxious about how the first day and week will go. 

The kids did a bit of swimming at a few of the local pools, however DS3 and DD will be repeating their swimming level for the 3rd (or is it 4th?) time in the Fall.

Friday I visited my work location and attended their staff meeting/potluck. One of my team members is retiring, one is starting maternity leave very soon, one celebrated his 10th anniversary in the library system, and one got temporarily promoted to fill in for the other's maternity leave! I was thankful to be included and to see everyone. I don't miss the work but I do miss my co-workers.

Saturday the whole family (minus the 2 oldest nieces) had an Indian themed get together at my sister's house as my mom had spent a couple of weeks in India this summer, including her 70th birthday! We each contributed something towards the Indian meal, then watched my mom's picture presentation before the kids enjoyed the pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment