Sunday, September 30, 2018

Week 7 of 52

September 23-29, 2018

Started the week with lunch at friend J's house. When the Bible says "children are a blessing" it means so many things to me. One of the ways my children have been a blessing in my life is through the friends I've made because of them. My friend "J" was expecting a son at the same time I was expecting DS2, they were born a couple of weeks apart. We were able to help each other out by trading childcare and her role in that helped me tremendously as I worked on my Masters degree. I moved a lot growing up so having a friend who has been in my life for more than a decade is a big deal to me!







Attended my first high school parent council meeting on Monday night. The principal gave us a thorough update, which I really appreciated. I like her passion and vision for the school, it gives me great hope.

Coffee with friend "R" on Tuesday morning. This friendship was forged when we realized we both have children with exceptionalities. 


A visit with my mom on Tuesday afternoon -- she's treating her kids to a "Western Mediterranean" (Spain, Italy, France) cruise in October and DH and I are paying his way. She and I are the most detail-oriented of the group and are enjoying planning out the sight-seeing in port.



Tuesday night I attended a session to learn more about the Ontario Autism Program. Learned a few new things, like that when I finally get "the call" I'll have to know whether I want the Direct Funding or Direct Service option. The best thing I learned (not that it's good news, rather that getting this info can be elusive) is that people on the wait list from January 2017 are getting calls now. So another 10 months for us... :-(


Thursday morning DH and I attended a workshop with DS1 at his school. It was to help us help him break down assignments in a practical way.


In the afternoon I went with my friend "C" and gave blood! The last time I had donated was 16 years ago and I was glad to be able to do so again. Let me encourage anyone reading this to please donate blood if you're able to. I felt tired that day and the next but am back to my normal self now.  

"More than half of Canadians will need blood at some point in their lifetime. Cancer patients, transplant recipients, accident victims. For these people and so many more, a timely transfusion of blood can be the lifesaving difference. The need is constant." (blood.ca)


The last stop on Thursday was the open house at my younger kids' school I was proud to see what DS3 had written in his journal entry: He wrote about our summer trip to my mom's cottage at a Christian camp and ended with: "But the best thing was we got to learn about God."

Kids... blessings from God!


"Children are a blessing
and a gift from the Lord."
Psalm 127:3
[Contemporary English Version (CEV)]


No comments:

Post a Comment