Monday, August 27, 2018

Week 2 of 52

August 19-25, 2018

On Monday my oldest learned how to take public transit to school. I feel like this is an important step in growing up and being able to become more independent.

On Tuesday I decluttered my plastic stuff. It had been driving me crazy - the containers were constantly falling out of the cabinet, while their corresponding lids lay in a mess in a drawer. Getting ready for back-to-school meant I had to deal with this situation because I need to access their lunch containers on a daily basis.

As usual, I forgot to get a good "before" photo, but here are most of the containers and their lids before I began the "find the matching lid" game.

After: all the lunch items and water bottles, (and water bottle caps!) are all in one place together. All the containers and their corresponding lids are in the same cupboard. 

Tuesday also included an intake interview for my oldest to see if he will qualify to attend a "PEERS" program. It was an interesting experience for me as I watched behind a one-way mirror. Later that day he went for 2 hours of Executive Functioning training and had an "awesome" session according to his teacher.


I took the kids swimming almost every day to help them get exercise, to build structure during our day, to cool off from the heat... so many benefits. DS2 passed all the YMCA swimming levels a year ahead of schedule so he's too young for the next level. DD and DS3 are doing the same level for the 3rd time, so hopefully all this summer swimming will help them finally pass it!


No "before" photo of this either, but I spent two afternoons this week helping to put my church's Resource Room back in order after our big church camp week. I'm one of those strange people who really enjoys taking a box with many things dumped in it and sorting it all neatly into its place. I also like washing dishes and folding laundry because I love the process of going from dirty and messy to clean and tidy. Here's the "after" photo:


On Thursday I surprised hubby with a date at an Escape Room. It was our first time going to one and I figured it was something we'd enjoy. We were given blindfolds, taken into a dark room, had the scenario explained, and given our first clue. We had chosen DaVinci's office (an 8/10 for difficulty) and were given 60 minutes to gather all the clues and escape. We found the flashlights and it took us about 10 minutes to figure out the first clue! Once we finally figured that out we moved along fairly well. When there were only 4 minutes left and we still had 2 clues to unlock we asked for a hint. We managed to escape the room with 3 minutes remaining!

Friday night and Saturday morning I was spoiled and allowed to stay in bed until I finished reading a whole book. The ultimate luxury!

No comments:

Post a Comment