Monday, January 19, 2015

Weekly items for 101 in 1001: Journal

Weekly Journal 

I've been counting my blessings à la 1000 gifts for a while now. I tweet them, post them on Facebook, and write them in a gratitude journal.

The benefits of journaling are well know, having been written about by the Center for Journal TherapyPsych Central,Advances in Psychiatric Treatment, and lifehacker, among others. 

According to the University of Rochester Medical Center, journaling can help:


  • Manage anxiety
  • Reduce stress
  • Cope with depression


Journaling helps control your symptoms and improve your mood by:


  • Helping you prioritize problems, fears, and concerns
  • Tracking any symptoms day-to-day so that you can recognize triggers and learn ways to better control them
  • Providing an opportunity for positive self-talk and identifying negative thoughts and behaviors



When you have a problem and you're stressed, keeping a journal can help you identify what’s causing that stress or anxiety. Then, once you’ve identified your stressors, you can work on a plan to resolve the problems and, in turn, reduce stress.

While I may not have time to write in depth journal entries, I can make time to write a sentence a day. That one sentence, when added to others, will give me a good insight into this time in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment