Thursday, May 26, 2011

Smothered Chicken and Rice

I got this recipe from Newlyweds-blog.com and tried it out earlier this month.

The final product.
I think I didn't have mushrooms and I added in some tomatoes just because I had them on hand.  I also used white rice instead of brown because again that was what I had.   



  
DS2 liked it
and lovely DD1 was also a fan
DS1 liked it
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Smothered Chicken and Rice
4-6 pieces of chicken
1 cup uncooked rice
1 small onion
1 package mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom
1 1/2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
Salt and pepper chicken, place in deep cooking pan skin side up.  Pour in 1 cup rice into the cooking pan,making sure it doesn’t sit on top of chicken In a large measuring cup mix soup and water till it reaches the 2 1/2 cups line, pour over rice.  Add chopped onion and mushrooms.  Bake @ 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What's a quick & easy recipe your family enjoys?

No comments:

Post a Comment