Saturday, March 26, 2011

When things come together!

We're currently working on the "Grandparents" unit in the Come Sit By Me curriculum.  This past week our book was "Selina and the Bear Paw Quilt".  

I was able to get out the quilts that my mother-in-law and aunt-in-law had made for the kids and show them the difference between design and pattern.  











We were also blessed with a visit from the in-laws (who have to drive 8 hours to get here) this weekend for DS3's dedication on Sunday.  During the visit my MIL and I took the boys to buy dowels and fabric to make some flags.  So they got to go on a field trip to a fabric store and watch my MIL handstitch and sew the flags together!  

What a great tie-in to everything we're doing in the unit.  I love it when things come together so well!

2 comments:

  1. I love the quilting unit!
    I nominate you for the stylish blogger award! Check out the details here:

    http://royallittlelambs.blogspot.com/2011/03/nominated-for-stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete